For this lab you will drop several objects from the same height and observe how they fall and how long each takes to hit the ground. Consider the following as you complete the lab and answer the Write-Up Questions below:
• Do the objects fall at the same rate?
• What if the objects are different sizes, does that make a difference?
1. The acceleration due to gravity calculated this way works well for objects near the Earth’s surface. How would you have to change the above equation if the object was 100,000 meters above the ground?
(Note: this question refers to Newton’s equation for the force of gravity between two objects. How would that change if the radius of the earth or distance were increased by 100,000 meters. To help you answer this question, please review your textbook, chapter 3, Newton’s law of Gravitation section.)
For questions 2 and 3, please consult the textbook and additional research materials on Newton’s Second Law of Motion. Pay particular attention to mass, gravity, acceleration and how they inter-relate.
2. How does air resistance alter the way we perceive falling objects?
3. Is the force acting on a massive object larger than that acting on a less massive one? How can you verify this without taking any measurements?
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples