- From the samples of Egyptian love poetry, identify one (1) or two (2) lines that you especially enjoy or find interesting, and compare this poetry to some aspect of modern life.
- Next, describe two (2) aspects of Egyptian mummification and the early Egyptians’ beliefs related to mummification that you find surprising or intriguing. These funerary practices were driven by certain Egyptian ideas of the afterlife; compare these to modern beliefs and practices.
- Chapter 3 (pp. 86-8), Egyptian music
- Egyptian love poetry at http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/2000egypt-love.asp and http://www.humanistictexts.org/egyptlov.htm; as in the Old Testament’s “Song of Solomon,” the terms “brother” and “sister” are terms of affection and do not refer to a biological relationship
- Chapter 3 (pp. 74-5, 86, 89-91), Egyptian mummification and beliefs about afterlife
- Egyptian mummification and burial at http://www.ancientegypt.co.uk/mummies/explore/main.html
- Atlanta Michael Carlos Museum at http://carlos.emory.edu/COLLECTION/EGYPT/egypt01.html
- Egyptologist explains mummification at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/afterlife-ancient-egypt.html
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples