Need help with my Sociology question – I’m studying for my class.
Choose one out of the three dependent variables that you used for Discussion Board 5 to use for Assignment 4. In this assignment, you will determine your independent variables. These are the factors that shape or influence your dependent variable. You will design close-ended questions that are associated with your independent variables. Please see the directions and questions for this assignment below:
- Determine 3 concepts that might affect or influence your dependent variable other than demographic characteristics. Operationalize these concepts into variables. Read about the importance of reliability and validity in chapter 4. Remember that this is a social science class so stay with concepts that fit this discipline.
- Create a close-ended question that will measure each independent variable plus a question for your dependent variable. You should have 4 questions overall.
- For each question, establish the possible responses that a person can answer. Pay particular attention to the concepts from your book about mutually exclusive and exhaustive. You must have more than 2 responses that respondents can choose for their answer to your question. Two responses is not enough variation.
- Do not use a nominal variable for your dependent variable. Borrowing from your text about levels of measurement, write beside each set of responses for each question what level of measurement you are using (nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio).
- Write down which demographic characteristics you think are important to consider that might affect your dependent variable.
Each question is worth 5 points for a total of 25 points.Concept 1: Social Distancing
Dependent Variable: Physical health
Question: What are some social distancing methods to prevent the spread of the Corona Virus.
Response: Travel restrictions, quarantines, washing hands regularly for 30 seconds, and closing social places like workplaces, schools, shopping centers, and stadiums. The CDC offers that people should keep a distance of at least 6 feet apart in social places.
This is my previous assignment so please choose one of these dependent variables:
Concept 2: Physical Exercise
Dependent Variable: Blood Pressure.
Question: What are the most important benefits of physical exercise
Response: 150 to 300 minutes a week of physical exercise improves memory and brain function. At least 30 minutes of physical activity also protects individuals against type 2 diabetes.
Concept 3: Academic Success
Dependent Variable: Discipline
Question: How can one manage time to ensure academic success
Response: Studying for 2 to 3 hours for each class time ensures Academic success. For example, if one has 6 hours of class each week, it is imperative to study at least 12 to 18 hours per week.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples