I’m working on a philosophy writing question and need a sample draft to help me study.
When looking for information about a particular issue, how often do you try to resist biases toward your own point of view?
This assignment asks you to engage in this aspect of critical thinking by playing the “Believing Game.” The Believing Game is about making the effort to “believe,” or at least consider, the reasons for an opposing view on an issue.
- In the Week 2 Discussion, you examined the biases discussed in Chapter 2 of the webtext and reviewed one of the topics from Pros & Cons of Controversial Issues. You may use the same topic from this discussion or find another:
- Select one of the topics from Pros & Cons of Controversial Issues, state your position on the issue, and identify three premises (reasons) listed under either the Pro or Con section—whichever section opposes your position.
- For the three premises (reasons) that oppose your position on the issue, answer these “believing” questions suggested by Elbow:
- What’s interesting or helpful in this view?
- What would I notice if I believed this view?
- In what sense or under what conditions might this idea be true?
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples