As we consider the development of the ideal society, we should explore the impact of groups. All people are social beings; however, we do not socialize in the same manner. The structure and type of society dictate how, when, why, where, with whom, and the frequency with which people engage. Consider how the ideal society would encourage the development of formal and informal groups. Also, explore the idea of deviance. For example, how could people who deviate from social norms enhance and/or disrupt society?
What Makes an Ideal Society?
You should spend approximately 8.75 hours on this assignment.
- You are going to expand your ideas for an ideal society to include groups and deviance. Your paper will cover three sections: key components, theory, and the people.Project Sections (Be sure to address the following questions in each section.)Key Components:
- What are the different types of groups (e.g., primary groups, secondary groups, reference groups, formal groups, in-groups, and out-groups) within a society?
- What are the main characteristics of a group?
- How does the group fit the needs of the society and individuals?
- What is deviance?
- How can deviance contribute to society? How does it detract?
- How does Merton’s five-part typology of deviance fit within an ideal society? How can the theory explain stigmas?
- How do the different types of groups (primary groups, secondary groups, reference groups, formal groups, in-groups, and out-groups) impact people?
- How do people engage and contribute when they are part of an in-group?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of belonging? How do people conform to groups?
- How do groups control individuals?
- What occurs when people are not part of a group? How might they react?
- Why do people consider deviance a mental illness?
- The paper should be at least 3 pages (the title page and reference page do not count as part of the page requirement). The content should include information addressing the main questions, and a well-argued introduction and conclusion.
- Please include proper formatting throughout the paper. Use APA Style to format the title page, reference page, and citations. Use third-person language, double-spacing, a 12-point font, and one-inch margins. See the Writing Guide for writing help.
- Papers must include at least three sources from academic books or journal articles cited in APA Style. Need help with APA? Please refer to the CCCOnline APA Citation Toolkit.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples