Data decision-making is a detailed process that requires teachers to observe and analyze student learning over time. Showcasing how you work with others to provide literacy intervention support to students is important when demonstrating your skills as a reading/literacy specialist.
Create a 12-15 slide digital presentation to showcase your Literacy Work Sample. You will present this to your mentor and mentee in Topic 6.
The presentation should address the following:
- Effective collaboration strategies that occurred with the mentor during decision-making to assess and align instructional practices and interventions within and across classrooms.
- Effective collaboration strategies that occurred with the mentor during decision-making to design and align instructional practices and interventions within and across classrooms.
- How instructional approaches and practices were differentiated to meet the diverse literacy needs of individuals and groups of students.
- Effective collaboration strategies that occurred with the mentee to develop, implement, and evaluate literacy instructional practices and curriculum.
- How tracking was used to increase student engagement and self-efficacy.
- The process you used to reflect on your personal practice as a reading/literacy specialist in light of current research, policy, and practice.
- Title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
The digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Support your presentation with 2-3 scholarly resources.
Collecting and analyzing student data does not need to be a hassle. Using the right data tracking tools, teachers can efficiently gather and use student data to guide instruction and assessment decisions. Additionally, providing students with the opportunity to track their own progress can lead to increased motivation and achievement.
Allocate at least 12.5 hours in the field to support this field experience. It is the discretion of the candidate to determine how to appropriately utilize the 12.5 practicum hours to balance assignment requirements working with both a mentor and a mentee. It could vary from one topic to another in order to complete all components of assignment expectations.
Using the data from the formative assessment implemented in Topic 4, collaborate with your mentor to adjust the final intervention from your Topic 3 literacy intervention plan. If the small group of students have met the literacy standard, develop an activity that enriches students’ knowledge of the standard. Implement the final intervention or activity and make any necessary adjustments to the tracking process you developed for your small group of students.
Work with your mentor to develop a summative assessment based on the intervention data. The assessment should be aligned to the literacy standard and include multiple choices for students to demonstrate learning. Implement the assessment with your small group of students and provide feedback for student tracking.
Discuss with your mentor the following:
- Is your tracking a simple, time efficient process?
- Does your tracking fit your style of teaching?
- Does the tracking process relate to the students and have they used it consistently?
- Have students met the literacy goal?
- Did the assessment properly measure student learning? Were students more successful when provided choice to demonstrate learning.
- What are the next steps in solidifying or enriching students’ knowledge of the literacy standard?
In the “Mentor Tracking Summary” section of the LWS, explain how you collaborated with your mentor to develop, implement, and evaluate literacy instructional practices, curriculum, tracking methods, and assessments.
Part 2: Mentoring
Discuss with the mentee the results of the formative assessment implemented with the small group of students. Apply the knowledge you learned from your tracking process to assist your mentee in tracking and providing feedback to their students. Collaborate with your mentee to determine additional student needs and next steps in their intervention process. Complete the “Mentee Discussion Summary.”
Spend any remaining field experience hours providing literacy instruction and support.
In the “Reflection” section of the LWS, write 250-500 words reflecting on your personal practice as a reading/literacy specialist related to decision-making in light of current research, policy, and practice.
Support your reflection with 2-3 scholarly resources.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples