Thiamin and Pyruvate Dehydrogenase
Focus: the mechanism of action of a micronutrient with an enzyme. I chose: Thiamin and pyruvate dehydrogenase.
Paper must include:
1. Introduction of the mechanism of action- when it was discovered, who discovered it, etc. (history)
2. Explanation of the mechanism of action of thiamin and pyruvate dehydrogenase (step by step)
3. Description of the major metabolic roles Thiamin plays in the body and how each relates to it’s mechanism of action
4. reliable and inexpensive food sources that contain the micronutrient Thiamin and how the micronutrient gets digested and absorbed and transferred to its site of mechanism of action
5. sequence of events of deficiency/toxicity- detailed explanations of how an individual might become deficient/toxic and how its related to the mechanism of action
6. quantitative 5-day dietary plan- add variety. How much do you need it?- must incorporate the recommended amounts of micronutrient into diet
7. current research and future directions- where do you think this will go?
All resources must be scholarly articles or another valid source. I will attach a few that can be used.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples