The normal pH range for systemic arterial blood is between 7.35 and 7.45. Any levels that drop below a pH of 7.35 is a condition known as acidosis. Any levels that rise above a pH of 7.45 is known as alkalosis. Acidosis can depress the central nervous system, which if severe enough, can lead to death. Alkalosis can overly excite the central nervous system causing muscle spasms, convulsions, and even death. Either end of the spectrum can result in an unwanted outcome. This Assignment will require you to look at four conditions: respiratory acidosis, respiratory alkalosis, metabolic acidosis and metabolic alkalosis.
Make sure to review the Unit 7 Assignment scoring guide located in Doc Sharing to ensure that your paper includes all project requirements. Research each topic in detail and include the following:
- Define each condition by including the levels of PCO2 or HCO3- and the pH levels.
- Identify at least three or more common causes for each condition.
- Describe the compensatory mechanism for each condition in detail; include whether the kidneys or lungs assist.
- Describe treatment mechanisms for each condition when the regular compensatory mechanisms are not working well.
- Describe how older age may compromise the acid-base balance processes. Be sure to include any changes associated with the kidneys and the lungsPlace your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples