In this assignment, you will describe the idea you are proposing to research in your Analytical Report Project (see Turnitin Assignments: Assignment 14 for details).
Audience and Purpose
The audience for this document is me, your instructor. The objectives of this document are to:
- explain your ideas for a project that will help solve an issue raised by a real-world situation
- help ensure that the scope of this project will be manageable and that you will have access to the information that you will need to complete the project
In the this assignment tool, click “Add Submission.” In the submission field, briefly (300–500 words) describe the idea that you are proposing to research for your Analytical Report Project, including the following information:
- Using a memo format, describe the problem or opportunity you would like to address and the person, organization, or company involved in it. Explain who is affected by the issue, and how.
- State the research question you would like to address. If you have already identified any potential solutions that you might want to investigate, describe them.
- Briefly describe the key decision maker who is likely to read your document, and your relationship to that person.
- State the roles (and names, if you wish to share them) of at least two people whom you might interview to get more information about the issue and who might help you find appropriate solutions. These people can be either inside or outside the organization, but you need to have access to them and be able to interview them.
- When you are done, submit your response to me for grading.
Note: Pay particular attention to the evaluation criteria for each assignment; they will help you focus on the key strategies to use for each document.
- The introduction indicates the purpose of the memo (to gain approval and feedback on your topic idea).
- The body describes the context of the project and your approach in enough detail to provide a clear picture of what you are proposing to do. It includes a description of the organization, client, problem, key research question, and potential interviewees.
- The conclusion includes a call to action for the recipient—a request for the instructor to provide feedback and approval of your project idea.
- The information is chunked for the reader and organized in a logical flow. The memo has a clear introduction, body, and conclusion.
- The paragraphs hold together well, and each has a unified theme.
- The transitions help link sentences and paragraphs in a flow of ideas.
- The writing is clear and concise.
- The style and tone are appropriate for the audience.
- The memo uses correct grammar, punctuation, and word choices.
The element of design will not be evaluated for this assignment, since at this point in the course we won’t have addressed it yet. However, the design of your documents will become more critical as we move forward.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples