The following data consists of the actual time used and potential (the best time possible for this review process)to complete each step in the review process. The actual times are based on the review of 30 projects. The potential times are subjective engineering judgment estimates.
Table: Basic Data Review for Construction Project Equipment Arrangement
Cycle Time (hours)
Step Description Actual Potential Difference
1 Read basic data package 4 4 —
2 Write, type, proof, sign, copy, and distribute cover letter 21.9 0.5 21.4
3 Queue 40 0 40
4 Lead engineer calls key people to schedule meeting 4 0.25 3.75
5 Write, type, proof, sign, copy, and distribute confirmation letter 25.4 2.1 23.3
6 Hold meeting; develop path forward and concerns 4 4 —
7 Project leader and specialist develop missing information 12 12 —
8 Determine plant preferred vendors 12 12 —
9 Review notes from meeting 12 12 —
10 Resolve open issues 106 104 2
11 Write, type, proof, sign, copy, and distribute basic data acceptance letter 26.5 0.25 26.25
Totals 267.8 151.1 116.7
Use the data in thetable above and answer the following questions in the space provided below:
1. What are the sources of value-added and non-value-added work in this process?
2. Where are the main opportunities to improve the cycle time of this process, with respect to both actual time used and the potential best times? What strategy would you use?
3. Step 10:Resolve Open Issues required 104 hours (potential) versus 106 hours (actual). Is there an OFI here? Why or why not? If so, how would you attack it?
4. What do you think are the most difficult critical issues to deal with when designing a sound cycle time study such as this one?
Type your answers below and submit this file in Week 3 of the online course shell:
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples