Expanding Consumer Needs with Instagram or Pintrest.
Chapter 5: Essential of Marketing: A Marketing Strategy Planning Approach, 14th edition by Perreault, Cannon and McCarthy published by McGraw Hill. ISBN: 978-0-07-786104-9
This can be completed even if you do NOT have an Instagram/Pintrest account, you will just have to do a bit more sleuthing and “getting to know” the site or app. If you want to look at Pintrest, you need to have an account. Also, ask use a friend or family member’s account on either site if they are users.
Conduct some searches around “fall”, “Halloween” and “party”. Imagine that you are planning a Halloween party, and needs some inspiration.
If you are looking on Pintrest: search the terms, then search through the image results. See if you can find any postings that come from organizations (like say, Nabisco with orange Oreos). Note any provoking brands and/or “pinned” branded images.
If you are looking on Instagram: Click where it has the magnifying class icon, and search the phrases. Take a look at the results from “hashtags”, not “users”. Click on the different hashtags to see all of the related images. See if you can find any interesting, useful postings that come from organizations (say, a face paint brand). Note any interesting brands and images.
In either case, feel free to jot down notes, take screen grabs or document any interesting findings to share within your response.
Once you conduct your research, answer the following using Chapter 5 to support your answers:
Complete this in Word and upload to Blackboard. Worth 25 points. Due Thurs, Oct 8th @ noon. Send questions to [email protected]
1. How could this kind of social media activity make interested followers of the search term (Halloween etc) aware of needs they might not have previously had?
2. How could a marketing manager for a music streaming business (like Spotify) take advantage of this outlet?
3. Which consumer behavior influences does Spotify affect and why?
4. How could a marketing manager for Late July Tortilla Chips take advantage of this outlet?
5. Which consumer behavior influences does Late July affect and why?
6. Using the textbook to support your answer, how can Instagram or Pinterest help expand consumer needs from a marketing point of view??
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples