Critically assess the role of Intellectual Property and its appropriate management within the information systems environment.
1. Module learning outcomes addressed in this assessment
1. Analyze the legal applications applicable to hardware and software acquisition;
2. Critically consider the intellectual property implications in hardware and software development;
3. Assess the practical impact of copyright regulations in software supply and acquisition;
4. Justify the link between trade mark acquisition and commercial recognition;
5. Evaluate the impact of current data protection and associated legislation within the ICT environment.
2. Guidance Notes for Assessment
You are required to choose a topic (from the list attached) and you are required to write a research paper (consisting of approximately 3,000 words (+ / – 10%)) based on the framework content discussed within the following criteria.
3. Assessment/Marking Criteria
Please select ONE topic from the following list. Undertake research in your chosen topic area, considering the implications of your choice upon the Information Systems environment. Your research paper should consist of an abstract followed by an introduction, analysis of the information research, findings and conclusions, followed by your reference and bibliography lists. Whilst your abstract will appear at the beginning of your paper (accompanied by a list of key words) it should be written at the end of your research and attached to the paper following its completion.
Plagiarism and Copy/Pasting (please refer to your handbook and Cardiff Metropolitan University regulations)
4. Submission Details
Your research paper must be submitted to the I Zone, using the professional application you have been advised to follow in this documentation (including reference material etc.) as indicated.
DEADLINE DATE FOR SUBMISSION:.
Sources of Material (non-exhaustive):
Behaviour & Information Technology
Ethics & Information Technology
European Journal of Law & Technology
Journal of Information Technology
European Intellectual Property Review
International Journal of Intellectual Property Management
Intellectual Property Law & Practice
Journal of World Intellectual Property
1. Critically assess the role of Intellectual Property and its appropriate management within the information systems environment.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples