IAD 440 SENIOR STUDIO: COMPREHENSIVE DESIGN
ASSIGNMENT 2.2: CASE STUDIES – RETAIL
Grade: A B C D F On Time____ Late____ Due Session ____
Name: _____________________________________ ID Number: ___________________________
Conduct research to gain familiarization with the project type. Case studies can provide lessons on the successes and failures of past projects. Special emphasis is placed on examining the relationship of completed projects with the theories of human behavior, contemporary social norms, user demographics, and historical context.
Provide two case studies of completed retail projects by other designers
Select useful precedents that will guide and inform your own project. In each case study, address the following:
• Name and location of the project.
• Summary of the project’s purpose, spaces, and programmatic functions.
• Summary of the client and user groups.
• How does the project respond (or fail to respond) to the local area, in terms its history and regional characteristics?
• How does the project respond (or fail to respond) to the social norms and/or cultural identity of the user demographic served?
• How does the design succeed (or fail) in reflecting the theories of human behavior?
• Propose at least two design improvements that you think would have made these projects better.
Sketch at least three of your ideas.
1. All assignments should be printed on 11×17 formats and will be a part of your process book for the semester.
2. Be prepared to pin up at the beginning of class.
3. A prepared 5-minute oral presentation to go along with your visuals.
You will be graded on the thoroughness of your analysis and findings, including how your findings may influence your future design decisions. Your summaries should place emphasis on examining the relationship of completed projects with the theories of human behavior, contemporary social norms, user demographics, and historical context. Grades are also based on the completeness of all parts of the assignment. Incomplete work will be marked down.
Conduct research as a team of two, each partner prepare one case study of the project type.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples