Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Culture Clash: A Bowl of Beings 1992 Name: _______________________
Link on utube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhx5k6ZGfc
Culture Clash is a Chicano American performance troupe composed of the writer-comedians Herbert Sigüenza, Richard Montoya and Ric Salinas creating works ranging from comedic skits to full-length plays and screenplays, all of which feature political or social satire.
What do you see as the deeper message using surface stereotypes in each of these skits.
- “America” / Don Colon / an appropriation of the Godfather
- The Armchair Revolutionist / Ernesto “Che” Guevara
- Abuélo / Shooting
- Straight Jacket / Chicanos on the Storm
- Stand & Deliver Pizza / Jaime Escalante
- End Song – We’re Culture Clash and we’re here to stay
Melvin Van Peebles’ Classified X (1998) Name: _______________________
Link on utube: Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfwnPJtHJM
This documentary explores the representation of African Americans in the history of American cinema through the eyes of
Melvin Van Peebles – Director, Actor & Producer.
- Originally, how were African American actors depicted in movies in what Van Peebles’ refers to as the “Old Negro” era?
- What is meant by the “New Negro” and how did the representation change during this era?
- How were black actors portrayed in independent black films?
- Why did black actors play in roles that weren’t necessarily positive stereotypes?
- What is meant by the “No Negro” era?
- How does Van Peebles describe the “Blaxploitation” era in film? What was his contribution to the genre?
- Since 1998, when this documentary was made, how have opportunities changed for African American actors? Be specific. Names of actors, roles they’ve played, titles of movies, awards won, etc.
This question first appeared on Write My Essay
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples