1. The area is given in square feet. Find the length of a side of the square. Round your answer to the nearest hundredth of a foot.
a. 4.12 ft
b. 4.47 ft
c. 2.24 ft
d. 5.10 ft
2. Simplify by combining like terms.
d. Cannot be simplified
3. State whether is rational or irrational.
4. Solve the following system by adding.
a. (–1, –8)
b. (–8, –1)
c. (1, 8)
d. (8, 1)
5. Perform the indicated multiplication. Then simplify the radical expression.
6. Perform the indicated multiplication. Then simplify the radical expression.
a. w + 4
b. w + 4 + 4
c. 9 +
d. 27 +
7. Evaluate – , if possible.
d. Not a real number
8. One number is 12 more than another. The sum of the smaller number and twice the larger number is 39. Find the larger number.
9. Simplify by combining like terms.
d. Cannot be simplified
10. The forces (in pounds) on the arm of an industrial lift provide the equations.
1.4x + 1.8y = 50
2.7x – 1.2y = 10
Use the addition method to solve this system. Round your results to the nearest hundredth.
a. x = 13.54 lb, y = 21.01 lb
b. x = 21.01 lb, y = 13.54 lb
c. x = 18.50 lb, y = 11.93 lb
d. x = 11.93 lb, y = 18.50 lb
11. Simplify .
12. Solve the following system by adding.
-0.3x + 0.9y = -6.6
0.6x + 0.4y = -22
a. (–26, –16)
b. (–260, –160)
c. (–16, –26)
d. (–160, –260)
13. State whether is rational or irrational.
14. A manufacturer has two machines that produce dog toys. On Wednesday, machine A operates for 4 hours and machine B operates for 5 hours and 175 dog toys are produced. On Thursday, machine A operates for 6 hours and machine B operates for 5 hours and 225 dog toys are produced. Use the following system:
4x + 5y = 175
6x + 5y = 225
where x is the number of dog toys produced by machine A in an hour and y is the number of dog toys produced by machine B in an hour. Solve the system graphically.
a. A: 25 per hour, B: 15 per hour
b. A: 15 per hour, B: 25 per hour
c. A: 5 per hour, B: 15 per hour
d. A: 15 per hour, B: 5 per hour
d. No solution
16. The time in seconds that it takes for an object to fall from rest is given by
in which s is the distance fallen (in feet). Find the time required for an object to fall from the ground from a building that is 1,400 feet high. Round your answer to the nearest hundredth of a second.
a. 9.23 s
b. 9.27 s
c. 9.31 s
d. 9.35 s
17. A 82-ft rope is cut into two pieces so that one piece is 8 ft longer than the other. How long is each piece?
a. 29 ft, 53 ft
b. 37 ft, 45 ft
c. 8 ft, 74 ft
d. 41 ft, 41 ft
18. Stan invested $13,000, part at 13% and part at 18%. If the total interest at the end of the year is $2,240, how much did he invest at 13%?
19. Find the perimeter of the triangle shown in the figure. Write your answer in reduced radical form.
20. Adult tickets for a play cost $17 and child tickets cost $12. If there were 32 people at a performance and the theater collected $474 from ticket sales, how many children attended the play?
a. 13 children
b. 14 children
c. 15 children
d. 18 children
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples