Performance reports are a valuable tool for gauging the financial well-being and progress of a health care organization. When properly designed, these reports can provide data on key measures, quality indicators, performance of operations, patient satisfaction, personnel, and facility capacity.
Have you ever seen the cockpit of an airplane? The dashboard is covered with a variety of knobs and gauges. Having a pilot who understands the meaning of the data contained on the dashboard is essential for passenger safety and for reaching the correct destination in a timely fashion. Similarly, a dashboard for your organization can supply a wide variety of performance information to assist in the financial decision making process.
In this Discussion, you will describe a dashboard that would be useful for you in your current position and organization (or one with which you are familiar).
- Review this week’s Media program, Dashboards.
- Consider your own organization (or one with which you are familiar) and the key information that would be useful for decision making.
- Develop a list of key performance indicators in the following categories that would be useful for your situation. Include:
- 2–3 financial indicators
- 2–3 operational indicators
- 2–3 satisfaction indicators
- 2–3 quality indicators
By Day 3
Describe the specific indicators you selected for each category and explain why you chose those particular ones. Describe whether each indicator is a leading or trailing indicator and how this particular combination would provide the best overall view of the state of your organization. Assess how having a dashboard such as this would assist in decision making.
Note: You do not have to actually create the dashboard, but just describe the indicators you would include.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
The post Performance Reports/Dashboards appeared first on Essaysholic.
Would you like to get in touh with us?
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples