Deliverable Length: 2-3 pages
In cases where children are not returned to their biological families, the courts have to find safe, permanent homes for them, including adoptive homes. It is especially difficult in cases where the children have special needs, such as mental retardation or cerebral palsy. In 1997, The U.S. Congress enacted legislation that sought to correct the problems inherent with the foster care system and achieving permanency for special needs children.
Write 2-3 pages detailing the provisions of The Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997(AFSA).
- Be sure to include the following in your essay:
- What was the purpose the AFSA?
- What are some of the programs that the AFSA funds?
- Who was the major proponent of the AFSA and why?
- What are some of the changes that the AFSA has effectuated when it comes to foster care and adoption?
- What provisions does the AFSA have for children with special needs?
Please submit your assignment.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples