SOCI 1301 Reflection #3: Privilege
Objective: This purpose of this assignment is to analyze and understand the way privilege has impacted your life thus far. As mentioned during lecture, we all have privilege(s) of some kind. Some have more, others have less. In conjunction with the handout on privilege (posted on Blackboard), think through the content you have learned about this semester and answer the following questions in 5 paragraphs:
1. Before taking this class, had you ever thought about privilege? Would you have said that you have privilege?
2. Thinking through the course content and the handout on privilege, name two types of privilege that you have and explain why you think you have these types of privilege (sociological perspective/sociological imagination). You will expand on this in paragraphs 3 & 4.
3. Privilege #1: Provide at least one example of how this privilege has impacted your life and what that means for those that do not have this privilege (macro or micro level).
4. Privilege #2: Provide at least one example of how this privilege has impacted your life and what that means for those that do not have this privilege (macro or micro level).
5. Conclude with the value of learning about privilege and ways (actions/behaviors) that you, specifically, can use your privilege to leverage (uplift) those that do not have the same privilege you do. Here are some additional notes on formatting your assignment.
i. You must address explicitly each of the questions above, following the outline provided. All of your answers must be in complete sentences.
ii. The assignment must be double-spaced.
iii. Your paper must be NO MORE THAN 800 words.
iv. You will submit your paper through TurnItIn. You are responsible for making sure your paper is submitted in the appropriate format. o Remember that you have access to Office 365 for free, through San Jacinto College.
v. Points are deducted for not following basic assignment instructions.
vi. You are not required to use additional sources, but you are welcome to. You should provide a bibliography and in-text citations using APA/MLA format. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and results in an automatic zero on the assignment. o For more information, go to Purdue OWL’s website or visit the San Jac Lib Guide.
vii. Style, grammar and spelling will be taken seriously. If you struggle with any of these issues, I highly recommend that you visit the Student Success Center. 8. The tone of the assignment should be formal and academic (avoid jargon and colloquialisms). Your writing level should be college-appropriate and the final assignment should be fully edited.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples