- Critique cultural, social, and historical influences on the family. (CLO2)
- Apply structural-functionalism to family (CLO1)
- Apply knowledge to everyday lives and their own lives (CLO6)
- Choose an article on the topic this week that was not assigned in the Ferguson readings/discussion.
- Write an analysis of at least 500 words minimum of the issues presented in the article and apply one of the family theories to the article.
- Apply at least 3 terms/concepts learned this week in your paper.
- Concepts for the week can be found at the end of the chapters in the supplemental readings in the free online Hammond, Cheney and Pearsey text.
- Please underline or bold the 3 terms and the theory in your paper.
- The topic of your paper must be on one of the readings in the Ferguson text not assigned in the discussion.
Ferguson readings to choose from:
- “Feminist Rethinking from Racial-Ethnic Families”
- “We Can’t Build our Social System Around Marriage Anymore”
- “Fictive Kin, Paper Sons, and Compadrazgao: Women of Color and the Struggle for Family Survival”
- “The Politics of Theorizing African American Families: Old Debates, New Directions”
- “Immigrant Families and the Shifting Color Line in the US”
- “Multigenerational Punishment: Shared Experiences of Undocumented Immigration Status within Mixed-Status Families”
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples