California state district assembly member.
- VALUES: Listed below are key values one considers when thinking about public policy and voting. Determine your top three values which will be used in the paper.
- Freedom 6. Justice
- Diversity 7. Self-Reliance
- Equality 8. Community
- Cooperation 9. Stability
- Security 10. Democracy
- TYPOLOGY: Take the 15-minute typology test using the following link: http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/. A printout of the page that shows completion should be attached. Please black out the categorization if you want to keep your typology confidential. I have no way of knowing your results individually, only for the class cumulatively.
You are requested to research information about your representatives in the US Congress (Senate and House of Representatives) and the California Legislature (Senate and Assembly), followed by a short analysis that includes the results from Numbers 1 and 2. Suggestion is to use primary headers to ensure you cover all areas.
Key websites to help you get started are www.congress.gov for the US Congress and www.legislature.ca.gov for the California State Legislature. However, information from the representatives â websites should be verified, expanded upon or countered with information from other sites.
I. Introduction: Introduce the paper in 1-2 sentences.
II. The US Congress (20 Points)
A. Your US Congressional Senator:
- Identify one of your two US Congressional Senators
- Give a short description of the individual, party affiliation, how long holding the seat, when up for re-election
- Review bills, issue, regulations, or policies that your senator engages on and select ONE of significance. Briefly outline the issue, note your views on what appealed to you and why you thought this issue was important. Conversely, note what worried you about this issue and why you think attention to it is important. Trace the issue to the US Constitution by Article, amendment, etc.
B. Your Congressional Representative
- Identify the number and name of your congressional district and briefly discuss features and/or demographics.
- Identify your Congressional Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Give a short description of the individual, party affiliation, how long holding the seat, when up for re-election.
- Review bills, issue, regulations, or policies that your senator engages on and select ONE Briefly outline the issue, note your views on what appealed to you and why you thought this issue was important. Conversely, note what worried you about this issue and why you think attention to it is important. Trace the issue to the US Constitution by Article, amendment, etc.
III. The California State Legislature (15 Points)
A. Your California State Senator
- Identify your California State Senator for your district.
- Note his/her party affiliation, how long holding the seat, when up for re-election.
- Select ONE bill, issue, regulation, or policy that your senator engages on and briefly discuss. Note your views on why/not you think the topic/issue is a) important and b) relevant to your life.
B. Your California State District Assembly Member
- Identify Your California state district assembly member.
- Note the district number, boundaries and demographics.
- Select ONE issue, regulation, or policy that your assembly person engages on and briefly outline.
IV. Analysis: and Recommendations (20 points)
A. Outline which if any of your representatives or senators (or a voting bloc constituency) you would you support or not and outline why.
ï§ Consider including as you answer, whether typology or values impacted your vote. For example
- Did you base your support on your values or your typology aligning with the candidate? (You do not need to divulge the actual values/party affiliation in the document unless you prefer)
â¢ Was it a certain policy decision (s)? Was it an overall voting record?
â¢ Was is character, likeability, years in service, name recognition etc.?
B. If you could offer any recommendations to this particular lawmaker on the main issue discussed or on how he/she conducts affairs as a people âs representative, what would it be?
C. Conclusion: Discuss the lessons you learned from doing this assignment in relation to government and politics, and any relevance to you personally as a citizen/student.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples