Imagine that you are a nurse lobbyist at the legislature in your state, with a specific focus on child and teen health. The children in this state encompass a broad range of social determinants of health. You are asked to recommend state-wide health policies to improve the health of this population, along with corresponding engagement strategies to reach nurses in the state.
What would be the first pediatric policy that you would recommend? Please provide a rationale for your selection
How can you effectively reach nurses to encourage their action to promote the policy?
What are one or more reasons why many nurses do not engage in lobbying efforts?
As a nurse lobbyist, I would recommend the following state-wide health policies to improve the health of children and teens:
- Universal health insurance:Â This would ensure that all children have access to preventive care and treatment, regardless of their family’s income.
- Increased funding for early childhood education:Â This would help to close the achievement gap and improve the health and well-being of children from low-income families.
- Improved access to healthy food:Â This would include expanding school breakfast and lunch programs, providing healthy food options in vending machines and cafeterias, and making fresh fruits and vegetables more affordable.
- Safer communities:Â This would include reducing gun violence, improving air quality, and making streets and sidewalks safer for walking and biking.
- Increased access to mental health care:Â This would help to address the rising rates of mental health problems among children and teens.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples