In what ways does alcoholism affect oneâs entire family? How does the family react and adapt to having an alcoholic member? What help is available to the family of an alcoholic?
5) Explain the major differences between social influence theories and structural influence theories. Give an example of each.
Sure, I can help you with that.
Alcoholism can have a devastating impact on an entire family. It can cause financial problems, emotional distress, and even physical abuse.
Here are some of the ways alcoholism can affect a family:
- Financial problems:Â Alcoholism can be expensive. The alcoholic may spend a lot of money on alcohol, and they may also lose their job due to their drinking. This can put a strain on the family’s finances.
- Emotional distress:Â Alcoholism can cause a lot of emotional distress for the family. The alcoholic may be verbally or physically abusive, and they may also be neglectful of their family responsibilities. This can lead to feelings of anger, resentment, and fear in the other family members.
- Physical abuse:Â In some cases, alcoholism can lead to physical abuse. The alcoholic may become violent when they are drunk, and they may hurt their family members.
- Neglect:Â The alcoholic may neglect their family responsibilities. They may miss work, not take care of the children, or not contribute to household chores. This can put a lot of stress on the other family members.
- Shame and isolation:Â The family of an alcoholic may feel ashamed and isolated. They may worry about what others will think of them, and they may feel like they can’t talk to anyone about their situation. This can make it difficult for them to get the help they need.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples