There are many purposes for and types of health care data. In this discussion, you will summarize the purpose for and types of health care data, and discuss the emerging field of data analytics and Big Data as they are used in health care management. Include the following in your discussion post:
Explain the purpose of healthcare data and its relevance to patient outcomes and reimbursement.
Discuss the difference between:
Internal and external sources of data in healthcare
Qualitative and quantitative data in healthcare
Discuss data analytics and how it is being used in healthcare management and healthcare delivery.
Healthcare data is used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Patient care:Â Healthcare data is used to provide better care to patients. This includes tracking patient health, identifying potential problems, and making informed decisions about treatment.
- Research:Â Healthcare data is used to conduct research to improve our understanding of diseases and treatments. This research can lead to new treatments, prevention strategies, and ways to improve the quality of care.
- Reimbursement:Â Healthcare data is used to determine reimbursement for services. This data is used to ensure that providers are reimbursed fairly for the services they provide.
There are two main types of healthcare data: internal and external.
- Internal data:RÂ Internal data is generated by healthcare organizations, such as electronic health records (EHs), claims data, and billing data. This data is typically stored in a centralized database and can be used to track patient care, identify trends, and make informed decisions about treatment.
- External data:Â External data is generated by outside sources, such as insurance companies, government agencies, and research institutions. This data can be used to supplement internal data and provide a more complete picture of a patient’s health.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples