Evidence based practice and applied nursing research
Introduction: Peer-reviewed research reports are reports reviewed by other credible experts in the field. Nursing, as a profession, uses peer-reviewed primary research reports to make credible and evidence-based practice implications and recommendations in the clinical area. In this task, you will collect and analyze 10 research reports (primary research evidence) on one topic of interest to you in nursing practice or healthcare. Requirements:
A. Select a piece of primary research (original research reports) from a research journal that has nursing implications and critique the article (suggested length of 2–3 pages) by doing the following:
1. Identify the article you have chosen in an APA-formatted citation. 2. Design a visual representation (e.g., graph, table or chart) to show how the researcher addressed the five areas of a research report (background information or introduction, review of the literature, discussion of methodology, specific data analysis, and conclusion).
3. Based on your analysis of the five areas, assess whether the evidence presented in the research report supports the researcher’s conclusion.
4. Discuss ethical issues that may have arisen for the researcher while conducting the research for the article.
5. Discuss the type of research used for the study. a. Explain whether or not other types of research would have been appropriate in the same situation in consideration to Evidence based practice and applied nursing research.
B. Conduct a literature search to evaluate nursing care or management implications of a nursing intervention by doing the following:
1. Discuss evidence for a nursing care or management problem.
2. Complete the attached matrix to list 10 research sources, in APA format, from scholarly journal sources you locate in major medical databases (e.g., CINAHL, PubMed, MedLine, or a hard copy journal). Note: In aspect B you should gather 9 more pieces of similar research on the same topic as in aspect A so you have a total of 10 pieces of research to make a practice implication (a minimum of 8 authors should be used).
Note: Credible sources may include professional journals, research reports, professional Web sites, governmental reports, and presentations from professional meetings. Research articles must not be more than ten years old.
3. Conduct a review of the 10 peer-reviewed research articles in which you do the following:
a. Develop an annotated bibliography (suggested length of 2–3 pages) of the articles.
Note: An annotated bibliography is one that includes not only a brief summary of content for each book or article reviewed, but also contains other relevant comments and information that the candidate believes can be of help for future study. See Web Links below for more information on annotated bibliographies.
b. Discuss whether the researchers’ evidence collected is adequate to make a recommendation for a practice change.
c. Identify the tools the researchers chose to use. i. Discuss whether the researchers chose tools that were similar or different.
d. Discuss whether you believe the tools the researchers chose could have affected their results.
4. Develop an evidence summary of the articles, identifying at least two key criteria that were used to develop it.
5. Recommend a specific nursing strategy based on the researcher’s recommendations and evidence you found in your review.
6. Explain why you believe it is important to use a theoretical model for nursing research.
C. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT
The postappeared first on .
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples