Imagine that, as a health care manager, you are preparing to provide your employees their annual performance feedback that will acknowledge both their areas of strengths and their deficiencies. Think of some strategies you will use to deliver the feedback and the steps you will take to avoid any biases.
Respond to the following questions:
What are some strategies to consider when delivering performance appraisals to health care employees?
What strategies have or have not worked for you in the past, either as a manager delivering a performance appraisal or as an employee receiving a performance appraisal?
Strategies to consider when delivering performance appraisals to health care employees:
- Be prepared:Â Before you meet with your employee, take some time to review their performance appraisal form and make sure you have clear notes on their strengths and weaknesses. This will help you to stay focused during the meeting and to avoid going off on tangents.
- Be specific:Â When you are providing feedback, be as specific as possible. Don’t just say “you’re doing a good job” or “you need to improve.” Instead, give examples of specific things the employee is doing well or areas where they could improve.
- Be constructive:Â The goal of a performance appraisal is to help the employee improve their performance. So, when you are providing feedback, focus on what the employee can do to improve, rather than just pointing out their mistakes.
- Be fair:Â Be sure to give the employee the opportunity to respond to your feedback. This will help to ensure that they understand your concerns and that they have a chance to explain their own perspective.
- Be respectful:Â Even if you have some negative feedback to give, be sure to deliver it in a respectful manner. Remember that the employee is putting their trust in you to provide them with honest feedback, so be sure to do so in a way that is constructive and helpful.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples