I’m working on a environmental science discussion question and need a sample draft to help me study.
Unit 5 talks about a very powerful and overwhelming topic of species extinction prevalent today. We are losing species at an alarming rate as discussed in the Unit 5 lecture. You have chosen a specific species to learn as much as you can about, it’s behavior, where it lives, what it eats, etc. You have also researched the issues that are causing it’s populations to decrease to dangerous levels. Below are articles that discuss the current status of solutions being implemented to save your species. Read the article(s) that relate to your species, summarize the information presented in the articles AND write at least a paragraph, offering other solutions based on your own research of this species. I have also listed those solutions discussed in the lecture as possibilities depending on the species etc. The whole post should be at least 350 words. Finally, show a painting or drawing depicting the species you studied. Be sure to give the artists name (especially if it is your own)
- http://www.ecowatch.com/monarch-butterflies-mexico-1992151640.html (Links to an external site.)
- http://www.ecowatch.com/paul-allen-elephant-census-1993894628.html (Links to an external site.)
- http://cheetah.org/blog/livestock-guarding-dogs-protect-cheetahs-wolves/ (Links to an external site.)
Leather-backed Sea Turtle:
https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/species/leatherback-turtle (Links to an external site.)
Below are some of the general techniques used to save endangered species. Not all solutions will work for all species, that is why research is so important in order to understand what will be the more effective way to bring the species back.
1. Education of public-–Awareness of issue- donate for the cause
2. Research – reproduction, needs
3. Local community involvement- power of $$$
–Boycotting products ie ivory, exotic pets
–Community patrols, economic alternatives
4. Protection and/or restoration of remaining habitat and population
–Wildlife predator compensation program or Predator/prey fund
–Guard dog program
–Captive breeding programs/re-location
5. Political support of the governing body
Lobbying for legislation — protest
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples