I’m working on a sociology question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define social stratification and explain why it is of sociological significance. Is it possible to create a society without stratification? Why or why not?
2. Define slavery, list and discuss its causes, discuss the conditions of slavery that have varied around the world. and discuss slavery today. What role, if any, do you think the United States should play in ending slavery internationally today?
3. Define caste systems and endogamy, and discuss whether any characteristics of caste can be seen in U.S. society.
4. Karl Marx explored social class, emphasizing the importance of means of production. Explain his theory, and define bourgeoisie, proletariat, class consciousness and false class consciousness. Apply his theory to an analysis of U.S. society today.
5. List and define the three components of social class, according to Max Weber. Apply his theory to an analysis of U.S. society today.
6. Summarize Davis and Moore’s theory of social stratification. Summarize Tumin’s critique of Davis and Moore, and define meritocracy. Which theory do you believe explains U.S. society today best? Why?
7. Describe the characteristics of the Most Industrialized Nations, the Industrializing Nations, and the Least Industrialized Nations. List at least four examples of societies in each category.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples