1. Management often disagrees with the use of seniority to determine promotion decision. Under what circumstances might an employer bypass a senior employee and promote a junior employee? Is this a fair practice? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
2. Beginning in the 1930s, seniority-based procedures, such as the last-hired, first-fired rule, became common layoff and recall decision criteria. Do you believe this is a fair method to factor during times of reduction in workforce? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
3. The use of alcohol and drug testing of job applicants and employees has become a complicated and critically important job security issue. Do you believe companies should drug test all new hire employees? Why or why not. Explain your answer.
4. Compare and contrast the issues in private sector subcontracting to privatization in the public sector.
1.Do you believe grievance mediation is necessary? Why or why not? What other options might be more effective, if any? Defend your answer.
2. Mediation generally provides a faster resolution of issues compared to arbitration. Do you think that is provides a better solution? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
3. Do you believe a typical grievance procedure is effective? Why or why not? Defend your answer.
4. What serious misconduct offenses should always result in discharge? Defend your position.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples