Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Scenario and Summary
In this lab, you will create an evaluation of the training that was conducted last week and post the evaluation as an online survey.
Upon completing this lab, you will be able to do the following:
- Conduct a post-implementation review to validate the completion of implementation and training objectives, and assess project management activities using group facilitation methods and online collaboration tools.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft SharePoint site
- Draft survey questions (Microsoft Word document)
- Evaluation survey (published on SharePoint site)
STEP 1: Develop Survey Questions
Before you jump into the online survey tool, write out your questions in a Microsoft Word document. Use multiple types of questions (yes/no, multiple choice, open ended, etc.). (You will submit these draft questions to the Dropbox.)
- Write two to three questions to determine if the training was effective, based on the trainee’s reactions. Did the trainee perceive the training as successful?
- Write two to three questions to determine if the training was effective, based on learning. Did the training teach the needed skills?
- Write two to three questions to determine if the training was effective, based on job behavior outcomes. Are the skills learned transferable to the job? You can assume that the trainees are mid-level account managers.
- Write two to three questions to determine if the training was effective, based on organizational results.
STEP 2: Create the Survey in SharePoint
- Using the survey feature in Microsoft SharePoint, create your survey.
To access the SharePoint site for this course, log in to the iLab platform, and on the main iLab applications menu, click the Internet Explorer icon (blue “e”) labeled “BIS360 iLab SharePoint Site.” This will take you to the top-level SharePoint site for all BIS360 sections. Review any announcements you see there. On the right side of the page, under Section Links, click the link for the particular section of BIS360 in which you are enrolled to go to your section’s SharePoint site. Click on Site Actions in the upper-right corner of the page, and select Create from the dropdown menu. Under Tracking, click on Survey. Enter a name and description for your survey, including your own name in the survey name. Verify that the options Display This Survey on the Quick Launch and Show User Names in Survey Results are set to Yes and that Allow Multiple Responses is set to No. Click Next.
- Referring to the draft questions you prepared in Step 1, add your first question to the survey. Enter the text of the question in the Question box, and select the type of answer you expect (single line of text, multiple lines of text, choice, etc.) from the list. Under Additional Question Settings, set Require A Response to This Question to Yes if the question is mandatory, or No if the question is optional. Complete the other settings as appropriate for your question (they will vary according to the type of answer you selected).
- Click Next Question to add another question to your survey.
- Click Finish when you are done adding questions.
- Edit the survey to make sure that it is professional and presentable. On the Customize screen, review the list of questions. You can click on a question in the list to edit or delete it. Use the links under the question list to add another question or to change the order of the questions, if you wish. Click on the link to your section SharePoint site’s main page at the top of the Customize screen when you are done.
STEP 3: Make Survey Available to Your Group
- Verify that your survey appears under Surveys in the Quick Links on the left side of your section SharePoint site’s main page.
- Verify that your name appears in the title of the survey.
- If you need to make changes to the survey, click on the survey name in the Quick Links, then click on Settings and choose either Add Question (to add a new question to the survey) or Survey Settings (to return to the Customize screen and make other changes to the survey).
STEP 4: Take Each of the Surveys that Your Group Members Created
- Look for each of the surveys created by your group members. Take each one of them. If you have any problems accessing a survey, e-mail that group member to let him/her know.
- To respond to a survey, click on it under Surveys in the Quick Links at the left side of the home page, and then click Respond to This Survey. Enter your responses to the questions and click Finish.
- To see the responses for a survey, click on it under Surveys in the Quick Links at the left side of the home page, and then click either Show a Graphical Summary of Responses or Show All Responses. If you chose the latter, click on a response in the list to see the details.
- Remember, you are not being evaluated on the results of the survey. You are being evaluated on the quality of your survey questions.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples