Read the attached article to answer these questions
Questions for “You Are What You Buy”
- Just as Professor Twitchell is somewhat defined by Wonder Bread and Coca-Cola, what are some of the products that define your character? Why?
- This article states that the average American encounters 3,000 advertisements every day. Can this be right? Choose a day that you can pay special attention to the number of ads you are exposed to and calculate the number. Try to keep it as a one-page summary, but please show/explain your calculations (this exercise does not need to be typed).
- Do you think it is acceptable to co-opt the art/music world to market products? Are there particular instances when it is okay? Are there instances when it is not okay?
- Pick a cultural icon from American advertising. Theorize about its/his/her origin. Where does he/she come from? What does it/she/he symbolize? Does the icon mean the same thing to all people?
- Do you agree with the title of this article – that you are what you buy? Why or why not?
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples