Penalty for Late Submission
After the Deadline, work accepted as ‘Late Submission’ will be marked but the maximum grade that can be awarded is D. Work submitted more than one week after the deadline will be given a Nil response (NR), i.e. a 0 grade. The only exceptions to this rule are when the Module Leader, has given permission for the work to be handed in late or you have been ill and produce appropriate certification.
Learning Outcomes covered in this Project:
Analyse existing formal and informal wireless network design methods and synthesize an approach for a given large scale scenario. Evaluate the networking requirements for a scenario and design an appropriate solution.
The University of Networks
DESIGNING A SECURE WIRELESS LAN
.. Background to this Wireless Network Requirement
The University of Networks wishes to procure a strategic secure wireless LAN with the associated wireless technology for installation at the university site as well as all facilities necessary to support a future-proven internet-connectivity and the possibilities to include Tele-Learning-technologies in future. Every deliverable element hast to include the option for appropriate on-going maintenance and support.
The wireless LAN will form a central part of the University of Networks Information Technology strategy for the next seven to ten years and will provide the framework for future Wireless LAN procurement activities. The University of Networks already operates a number of IT systems and will be purchasing others.
.. Objectives for this procurement
At a broad level, the purpose of this exercise is to provide flexible connectivity throughout the University of Networks for a wide range of end systems, and direct wireless LAN connected host computers PC fileservers and PC workstations and support for voice and video communications over the wireless LAN (videoconferencing).
The wireless LAN should be upgradeable to cater for more users, wider geographical coverage, higher traffic loads and developing technology. The wireless LAN should also be resilient, secure and cost effective. Appropriate management and support facilities will also be required.
. SCOPE AND SCALE OF THIS PROJECT
The University of Networks intends designing a complete wireless LAN infrastructure service including:
• Installation of technology and equipment correctly configured, excluding components considered part of end systems for example wireless LAN cards, file servers, and PC’s but including components managing and protecting the network-infrastructure such as Firewalls, Proxy-Systems, Routers, Gateways, Modems and Network-Management-HW.
• A Network Management System
• Training and documentation
• Post installation support and maintenance
University of Networks reserves the right to insist on alternative components, if they are considered to be functionally equivalent, better, or more cost effective.
. The University of Networks
The University of Networks is based in Khalifa City A and B, Abu Dhabi; it is a relatively new University which does not rely particularly on technology to the extent that it should do in order to function efficiently. Mail is sent between departments in paper form and the use of computers is minimal and concentrated only in the Faculty of Computing.
The University comprises of two sites within 15 miles of each other as the crow flies. The main campus houses the Technical services department, the Faculty of Engineering, Law, Business, English and Computing. The second site houses the faculty of Health, Economics, Islamic Studies and Art.
The main site comprises of 5 Buildings (numbered A to E). Buildings A, C and D have four floors each. Buildings B and E have three floors each. Each floor in each building comprises of up to 20 staff desktop machines and each staff member also include laptops, iPads, mobiles; the staff machines/devices are not networked. Computer laboratories are concentrated in Building A (the Faculty of Computing). It supports five laboratories each of which holds 25 student PCs. The main site has approximately 20 members of admin staff in each building again all with their own PCs, electronic devices and again not networked. Library is in building C holding 150 student PCs in different corners.
The second site comprises of two buildings (Building F and G) both have four floors and currently have no computing facilities at all except for staff. Each building has 25 members of staff over those four floors, each member of staff has a PC, laptop, iPads, and mobile devices but are not networked. The second site has approximately 10 members of admin staff in each building again all with their own devices and again not networked
You can assume that the distance between buildings is approximately 250-350m at each site.
1. All buildings on BOTH sites (except Faculty of Computing) must support at least three computer laboratories each with a minimum of 20 Student PCs. Five PCs should share a printer and there should be a single scanner + laser printing facility in each laboratory.
2. The Faculty of Computing should support five laboratories each with a minimum of 25 Student PCs. Five PCs should share a printer and there should be a single scanner + laser printing facility in each lab.
3. On each floor there is a printing room for faculty including laser printer, colour printer and Xerox printer.
4. All computers should be wireless networked so that internal Email can be supported.
5. The networks should be segregated such that students must NOT be able to access the Staff and Admin segment.
6. Securely capturing and analyzing wireless traffic.
7. Internet Access must be provided to ALL users throughout the buildings.
8. Mobility Solutions: How mobility solutions help university users beyond bring-your-own-device (BYOD) access to establish a true enterprise mobility strategy.
9. Access point: Use the newest innovations in combining the mobility of wireless with the performance of wired networks.
10. Better engaging employees, staff and students while efficiently managing wireless network.
11. Wireless network deployments with flexible deployment models, including new virtualization options.
12. Outdoor wireless access point
13. Connecting two sites through secure wireless technology for different purposes such as videoconferencing etc.,
The University of Networks is a centre for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, which has over 4,000 both full time and part time students.
The University of Networks has a revenue budget of 15 million DHM and employs some 400 staff. All of these staff make use of Information Technology.
To enhance the function of the departments the University of Networks wishes to realise the benefits for the educational process that will accrue from having electronic equipment’s used operationally throughout the university. This will make available to staff and students better quality information and computer services.
This presumes a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week service.
It is expected that the above serviceability requirements will require a very high reliability backbone.
. Project Deliverables
For each step you need to write the different options available and how you will select the best to solve the problem.
You need to achieve all the requirements and select the proper technology. The selection of technology must need to be based on performance evaluation and requirement of University of Networks. e.g.,
• To choose IEEE 802 Wireless Standard for University of Networks, you need to do performance analysis of different standards for mentioned requirement. You need to take the screenshots of the analysis and add some sentences for each analysis.
• To choose any wireless technology (access point, router, etc), you need to do performance analysis of the available technologies for mentioned requirement. You need to take the screenshots of the analysis and add some sentences for each analysis.
• Which product would you recommend for capturing and analyzing wireless traffic? and Why?
For better understanding you need to show the equipment’s you are installing on each floor by a proper diagram. The connection diagram showing the logical relationship between all systems and give an idea about the physical location of systems and the wireless equipment’s in buildings, floor, library and labs.
Communication protocols used in each system and why?
Which hardware and software present on different systems.
Which technology you will use to connect both campuses at Khalifa city A and B.
You can download any open source or free products, such as Wireshark, Colasoft’s Capsa, Packetyzer, Packet Tracer, OPNET IT Guru Academic Edition and others to carry out the performance evaluation. Research
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples