Project 1: Resource Research and Review
For your final project in this course, you will be asked to trace a crime or criminal incident through the adult criminal justice
system, from initial arrest to the eventual return to the community following incarceration. In the course of that project, you will
encounter numerous decision points or stages in the system. Project 1 will assist you in preparing for your final project by
introducing you to topic research. You may then use the results of this project to support your final project paper.
Project 1 Assignment:
Using the designated topic listed below (see, Topics), you will search the UMUC Library Services databases and the Internet
for resource material that explains, clarifies, critiques, etc. the topic.
1. Your Resource Research and Review project must contain four (4) outside sources (not instructional material for this
course), at least two of which must come from the UMUC Library data base.
2. Locate books, periodicals, and documents that may contain useful information and ideas on your topic. You may conduct
your research with the assistance of a UMUC librarian, reviewing your own personal materials on the topic, using the Internet,
visiting an actual library, etc. and reviewing the available items. Then, choose those works that provide a variety of
perspectives on your topic.
Note: You can connect to Library Services by using the Library link under RESOURCES in the Classroom task bar, or link
directly to the UMUC Library Guide to Criminal Justice Resources link in CONTENT
3. Type the reference “citation” information for the book, article, or document using the American Psychological Association
(APA) formatting standards. (There are links to APA format standards under Library Services.)
4. Each reference is to be followed by the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance,
accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for a variety of intellectual skills: concise
exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research.
5. Write a concise annotation (150 words) for each reference that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book,
article, or document. This must include:
a) briefly, in your own words, describe the content of the article
b) compares or contrasts the work with at least one other article in your research review
Select ONE of the following topics for all four (4) of your resources.
(Note: Other topics may be submitted to your instructor for prior approval.)
Student‘s Last Name A or B: Topic =Police discretion
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples