Answer the following question
1. What is the main conflict in the story “Nilda”?
1. Some Latino writers focus on machismo, a particular form of gender discrimination. Their works speak to the readers about the role of color, poverty, lack of education, and Catholicism in subordinating women. Use examples from the story “Nilda” to explain how the author portray these issues.
1. In “Filomena” by Roberta Fernandez, the author refers to the Mexican rituals for the Day of the Dead; how is this celebration portrayed in the story?
1. Compare the issue of tradition versus modernization in the stories of these two Mexican-American writers: Roberta Fernandez (Filomena) and Mary Helen Ponce (La Doctora Barr)
1. How is bilingualism used in the story “Filomena”? Support your opinions with examples from the story.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples