MUTCD, Human Factors, Micro / Macroscopic Characteristics
CENE 420: Traffic Studies and Signal Systems
Topics: MUTCD, Human Factors, Micro / Macroscopic Characteristics
1. The following rows of data were sampled from a single lane of roadway (7).
• Use Excel to plot the speed-density graph and use linear regression to fit a line to the data (include the chart in your submission).
• Estimate the free flow speed and clearly label on your Excel graph.
• Estimate the jam density and clearly label on your Excel graph.
• Estimate the maximum capacity for two lanes.
2. A study of freeway flow at a particular site has resulted in a calibrated speed-density relationship as follows: S = 57.5(1-0.008D). Determine the following:
a. Free Flow Speed
b. Jam Density
c. Speed-Flow Relationship
d. Flow Density Relationship
Be sure to show your calculations! Also plot the Flow-Density relationship with Density on the x-axis and Flow on the y-axis. (10)
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples