Hollywood VS Asian Films
The question for the essay:
Hollywood adapts and remakes Asian films as part of its insatiable search for new stories, or for new ways of telling half-familiar stories. But adaptation is also driven by perceptions of the otherness of Asian cultures from Western perspectives and a presumed preference of audiences for localised remakes rather than originals. In an analysis of a pair of films – a source and its remake – demonstrate what constitutes the core cultural differences between the two.
1. Be fully referenced with at least 10 relevant academic references (books, book
chapters or journal articles) (You can locate scholarly (peer-reviewed) articles by using the library databases such as Project Muse or Academic Advanced Premier. You can find these by using the Library’s Multi Search: >Databases>Project Muse, e.g. You can also put a key word into Multi Search under books and articles, but you need to be precise in your choice of term, or you’ll get hundreds of irrelevant references. You may include graphics and website materials, but they will not be counted as academic references)
2. list “Works Cited” at the end of your essay. This should not be a general bibliography or references, but contain all and only works cited within the essay
3. avoid the use of subheadings (a coherent argument should link components of a short essay such as this)
4. minimise description of content and story elements – analyse!
5.Demonstrates insightful critical understanding of how the characteristics, cultural specificity and local and global significance of the selected texts have been affected by their interaction with another culture
6. Creates a strong central thesis that is developed and supported by a judicious use of evidence, including evaluation and integration of secondary sources at a very high level
7.Demonstrates a sophisticated ability to develop an argument by comparing and contrasting the chosen text(s) in relation to at least two cultures, while also demonstrating sophisticated critical engagement with the texts themselves
8.Highly sophisticated demonstrated understanding of critical concepts relevant to the analysis of the relationships of texts and culture
9.Composes a sophisticated essay with excellent and sustained structure, using excellent written expression – sophisticated vocab, grammar, spelling and paragraphing – and observes an appropriate academic referencing system
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples