You are a counter fraud specialist for either: a large private sector company from any industry or a large local authority. You have been asked by your manager to write a report identifying how levels of fraud within the organisation could be effectively measured. Use appropriate research and evidence to justify your case.
Your report should include an outline of the nature of fraud in your chosen organisation, and current methods for measuring it. Discuss the pitfalls of existing strategies and offer solutions to improve their effectiveness.
Reference must includes below books
Doig, A. (2006). Fraud. Cullompton: Willan.
Smith, G., Button, M., Johnston, L. & Frimpong, K. (2010). Studying Fraud as White Collar Crime. Basingstoke: Palgrave.
1. Discuss the factors in forensic science that may confound, constrain or adversely impact on the validity and admissibility of the evidence in criminal court.
2. With reference to an organisation known to you, evaluate one model of investigation and its application by the police and hybrid policing bodies.
3. In a so-called ‘era of austerity’, discuss whether the police should still engage in the proactive investigation of drug dealing which some people consider a ‘victimless crime’?
4. If the criminal justice system in England and Wales is truly an ‘adversarial system’, discuss whether the police and Crown Prosecution Service should have any responsibility to assist the defence in preparing their case.
1. Professionalising the Investigation Process (PIP) introduced accreditation for investigators. Discuss whether the idea of an omni-competent police officer is now redundant.
2. Discuss whether expert witnesses should be appointed by the court and be independent from the police, prosecution and defence.
3. Professionalising the Investigation Process (PIP) accreditation is linked to National Occupational Standards. With reference to an organisation known to you, discuss whether the College of Policing has a responsibility to offer accreditation to investigators outside of the Police Service.
4. Explain what is meant by the term ‘passive data’ and discuss whether by allowing investigators to access it, the liberty and privacy of ordinary people is now being eroded to an unacceptable extent.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples