Early American History : Connecting California.
Reading Journal for Early American History (This is the book source http://www.amazon.com/Connecting-California-Volume-Selections-American/dp/1609270819).
In the journal you will write observations and reflections on your reading in Connecting California. Please focus on a few documents in each of the sections we are covering. When you mention a document you read, please put the title of the document in bold (or a few words from the title). Please be sure to read the introduction to each section so you will see how the documents relate to our overall understanding. You may also comment on parts of our main textbook that you see as related.
Examine each document critically, and consider how it adds to our understanding of the history we are studying. You may also write your own reflections on what you are learning, and perhaps relate you’re the material to other courses or experiences.
You can get about eight points when you write 4-5 high quality pages. (You will turn in the Journal three times.) Please double space. You may use any style, but please divide your writing into paragraphs so it is easy to read.
Here are some prompts that you might want to use:
1. What did you learn from the documents in this section? What did you find surprising? How does the material in this chapter relate to what you learned earlier, perhaps in other classes?
2. How does this section build on the section before it? How does it set us up for what is coming next? What events do you see here that have shaped the world we live in today?
3. If you did a movie set in the time period of this section, what would be the key elements in your movie? Tell how you imagine the characters, and what challenges they would deal with.
4. Why is this section difficult, or not so hard, for us to understand today? How might we understand the history differently from someone living in the time period?
5. Do you think people will react to this section differently, depending on their cultural background or life experiences?
6. When examining a document or artifact: How does it help you understand the era? What are some important factors to consider when looking at this document? Does the document answer questions you might have had, or does it just raise more questions?
7. How does this section of Connecting California compare with what you are reading in the main textbook for this class? Does your textbook cover what this section covers? How so?
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples