Dental Technology Compliance; Health and Safety in the Dental Laboratory Environment.
Describe the Health and Safety legislation that applies to a dental laboratory where health and safety records must be kept. Include information on:
• The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH – 2003 Northern Ireland),
• Portable Appliance Testing (PAT),
• Reporting of Injuries, Disease and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR – 2004 Northern Ireland),
• Maintenance schedules for protective equipment- dust/fumes and filters.
Describe the procedures for keeping Health and Safety records. Include:
• Review schedules,
• What records need to be kept,
• How long records must be kept for,
• How they should be stored,
• Who must have access to them.
Consider the procedures for keeping Health and Safety records and then estimate/evaluate how effective they are by explaining:
• Any strengths and weaknesses in the systems (alternate procedure).
• The implications of non-adherence to the required procedures (enforcement).
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples