Discussion 2: Culture
Culture, as with the air we breath, and the society in which we live, is often invisible to us until we feel a chill wind. Before preparing this posting, review “How Managing & Organizations will
Help Support Your Learning, page xvii.” You may use any of the websites, videos, news articles and journal articles as supplementary reading. You will also receive credit for your own original
I suggest that you cut and paste this discussion to a word processor. When you have answered the questions you may cut and paste your posting to a thread in the discussion. The Blackboard word
processor is both slow and limited.
For this discussion consider that the CEO of the company you have selected has called you in for a brief discussion – the topic is vast but his time is very limited. He has the following questions.
Please cite your text, supplementary readings and original research as you answer his questions.
My organization is ___________________.
1. “What does it mean to have a company culture?
2. “How is culture different from society?”
3. “What’s wrong with a strong culture?” “Do we want to be weak?”
4. “What does it mean when we say a corporate culture is integrated, fragmented, or differentiated,”
5. “How would you describe our organization?”
6. “I hear a lot about diversity and “culture wars.” “What is meant by national culture and subcultures?”
7. “How do these affect us?”
8. “How can we form a common organizational culture and still respect the diverse subcultures of our employees?”
The question first appeared on Write My Essay
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples