Complete the Real Choices at The Filter at http://thefilter.com/ case on page 181 in the 7th edition or Real Choices at State Farm at the end of Chapter 5 in the 8th edition.
In MS Word, create a paper of a minimum of 1000 words with a minimum of three references cited in the body of the paper and on the Reference page following APA formatting guidelines. Post the case using this link.
Solomon, Michael, R., Marshall, Greg W. and Stuart, Elnora W., (2009), Marketing: Real People, Real Choices, (8th Ed.) Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson, Prentice Hall
Retail Pricing Project
Section One: For the first part of this project, students will to visit three stores plus an online site:
1. An upscale supermarket (i.e. Hy-Vee, Byerly’s, etc.),
2. A drugstore (i.e. Walgreens or CVS, etc.), and
3. A discount store (i.e. Target, K-Mart, or Shopko, etc.).
4. Online site (Amazon, Safeway.com, etc.)
While in these stores, students should locate the following items, indicate the brand name, the size of the item (or its package), and the price. If unavailable use “NA”
Make a chart of the findings including.
• A national brand of aspirin
• The store brand of aspirin
• One loaf of white bread – any brand
• One package of cookies – any type and any brand
• One tube of Crest Toothpaste
• One six pack of soda – any brand
• One package of newborn baby diapers – any brand
• One package of multivitamins – any brand
Make conclusions about the pricing policies of each of the stores visited based upon the information gathered and analyzed. Use the material from Chapter 10 to support your position. Create a page analysis of pricing based upon the chapter, text, and the material gathered from to actual products from various types of locations.
Section Two: For the second section, choose any shopping product you have purchased for personal use.
Once you have decided upon a specific product, visit three retail stores that sell it. Compare the prices across all three stores. Make a second chart of your findings. Using this chart and Figure 10.12 on page 305 of the textbook, write a one-page paper discussing which pricing policy or policies used by each of the stores. Support your position with evidence from Chapter 10.
Include a title page and a separate Reference page (remember in-text citations).
Please use the link below in the Week 8 assignment folder to submit.
• Following Direction: 0 -10 Points
• Introduction 0-5 Points
• Chart 1: 0 – 5 Points
• Conclusions from Chart 1: 0 – 15 Points
• Evidence supporting Chart 1 Conclusions: 0 – 15 Points
• Chart 2: 0 – 5 Points
• Application of Figure 11.14 to Chart 2: 0 – 15 Points
• Evidence supporting Chart 2 Conclusions: 0 – 15 Points
• Writing, Grammar. APA: 0 – 15 Points
Book to use is Solomon, Michael, R., Marshall, Greg W. and Stuart, Elnora W., (2009), Marketing: Real People, Real Choices, (8th Ed.) Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson, Prentice Hall
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples