buiding type comparision and ECMS
You are able to work in pairs for this assignment.
1) (5 points for simulation results, graphs, and discussion)
Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) are specific strategies or technologies which are
evaluatedto compare their energy savings potential and their cost. ECMs are typically evaluated during large retrofit projects for commercial or industrial buildings.We are using a house and are not considering costs, but are looking at energy savings measures with various strategies.
• Select Laramie as your location.
• You already have run a baseline simulation with the following variables:
Wall R Value 16.2
Window U Value 1.078
Window SHGC .810
Air Infiltration Rate .5
Heating System COP .85
• Simulate with individual changes to the following variables:
Wall R Value 5, 10, 16.2, 22, 30, 40
Window U Value 1.078, .486 (DblClr 3mm/13mm air), .313 (TrpClr 3mm/13mm air)
Window SHGC .810(what is SHGC of others?)
Air Infiltration Rate .1, .25, .5, .75, 1, 1.5
Heating System COP .75, .8, .85, .9
Determine the baseline heating energy use (fuel breakdown, not loads). Individually assess the list of variables you have modified. Show your data graphically using line graphs. Graphically and verbally, comment on the relationship between heating energy and these changing variables. Incorporate the formulas for heat transfer (Q) into your discussion.
In class we discussed that different building types use energy differently? For the second part of this assignment we want to compare the energy use between a single family residence and an office building.
2) (3 Points graded on simulation results, graphs, and discussion) Use your data from homework #4 but with the new file where the single family residence has been turned into an office building. Compare the heating and cooling loads between the residential and the office simulation for each location. Collect annual data for fuel breakdown to use in #2.
3) (2 Points graded on simulation results, graphs, and discussion) Turn on lighting sensors. Set controls to “continuous dimming.” Check that this applied to all spaces. Rerun simulations. Compare “fuel breakdown” data with and without dimming. Compare specifically the changes in lighting, cooling, heating, and total energy usage.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples