Benchmark Assessment: i) In this assignment, you are presented with a real-world problem framed in a strongly emotional letter that expresses dismay and concern about curricular programs at your school. The letter, Resource 3: Letter from a Very Concern
b) Benchmark Assessment:
i) In this assignment, you are presented with a real-world problem framed in a strongly emotional letter that expresses dismay and concern about curricular programs at your school. The letter, Resource 3: Letter from a Very Concerned American Parent, is located in the Course Resources folder.
ii) District Response for the Superintendent’s Signature
(1) Because of the volatile nature of the parent letter, you, as the principal, have decided to seek direction from the district superintendent, who, in turn, has asked you to write a formal response letter for his signature.
(2) Framed by the appropriate ISLLC Standards, write the letter including a return address, date of letter, recipient, salutation, body of the letter, and a closing. This is standard business letter format.
(3) APA format is not required, but solid writing skill in APA style is expected.
iii) Reflective Justification Essay
(1) In a 1750–2000 word essay, provide insight into why you chose to say what you said in the response letter to the parent. Frame your discussion around the appropriate ISLLC standards. Address the following in a thoughtful manner.
(a) How did the parent’s letter make you feel? Be candid in your response.
(b) How does this issue focus on a school’s academic program in terms of its organization and alignment for all students?
(c) Does the curriculum properly advocate for the need to focus on the welfare of all students in a multicultural setting or has this district gone too far? Explain and elaborate.
(d) Are any curricular changes necessary based on the parent’s letter?
(e) Is there an underlying message contained in the parent’s letter? If so, what is it and did you address it in your response letter? Why or why not?
(f) Obviously, this parent is requesting that you respond to his community feedback. How do you do this in a manner that demonstrates consensus building and mediation skills, and which re-establishes a positive relationship between the district and the parent?
(g) Once the parent receives your letter, what kind of follow-up response from the parent might you expect? Predict the reaction and speculate on how you might then have to respond.
(2) Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. An abstract is required. Cite in-text and in the References section.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples