1. Look for a news story from an Islamic news source, centered on Islam and/or Muslims in another country. Coverage of Ramadan is a good topic to focus on for this exercise. See the listing below of sample newspaper Web sites.
2. Look for coverage of the same new story in a major Unite States newspaper such as The New York Times
Examples of Online newspapers (in English)
• Arab News, http://www.arabnews.com/saudiarabia (Saudi Arabia)
• Tehran Times, http://www.tehrantimes.com (Iran)
• El Ahram, http://english.ahram.org.eg/ (Egypt)
• The New York Times, http://www.nyt.com
• The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com
• Chicago Tribune, http://www.chicagotribune.com
1. After completing Activity 10: Media Analysis, compose your response to the following questions.
o What you notice about the way in which the event or story is told? What is the same? What is different? What is included and excluded? (one paragraph)
o Do you see bias in each of the news stories? Are events covered in non-U.S. newspapers that are also covered in U.S. papers? (one paragraph)
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples