Overview of Assignment:
For the Major Assignment you are asked to choose an issue or topic related to the field of education that you would like to explore more in depth. Some examples are: bullying, ‘aboriginal education’, ‘body image and the media’ ‘spirituality in education’, gangs, racial stereotyping, ‘caring for the environment’, ‘inclusion’, LBGT, and ‘mind/body connection’. This should be an issue or area of education that you care about and would like to make a constructive contribution to. It is important to note that you are not being asked to “invent the wheel”, but rather to investigate what has traditionally been done in this area, what is currently being done and to propose what you feel could be done in the future.
*** Getting started (Week 4): DUE January 30 ***
Choose an issue or topic related to the field of education that you would like to explore more in depth.
In Week 4 you will be asked to write a reflection (approximately 500 words) on the following questions:
– Why have you chosen this topic?
– Why does this topic matter to you personally?
– Why should this topic matter to our students, educators, community and culture?
– What are the implications in the short and long term if this topic is left unaddressed?
*** Research (Week 5): DUE February 6 ***
In order to gain a larger perspective on what you might contribute to your chosen area in terms of a resource or activity, it makes sense to begin by investigating what has been done in the past, and what is currently being done.
Research includes looking at community resources and supports available to teachers, students and parents. Investigate what has been done in the past, and what is currently being done. Survey what resources are available and identify what seems to be lacking. As part of your research, interview educators and/or students and parents to add their perspective and to discern what they feel is working effectively, and what they feel is lacking.
Steps for Research:
1. Look at community resources and supports available to teachers, students and parents.
2. Survey what resources are available and identify what seems to be lacking.
3. Investigate what has been done in the past, and what is currently being done.
A summary of what you have discovered in your research, as well as a
brief reflection on your findings is to be submitted by February 6.
– What methods and approaches seem to be most effective?
– Is there anything that appears to be lacking?
– What do you think could be improved?
Your summary should be approximately 500 words and include both in text citations and a list of references (APA citation style).
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples