1. Arrange to sit in on decision making meetings at the operational and strategic management levels within your organisation.
2. Note the nature of problems dealt with at each level. Apply appropriate criteria to show whether they are tame or wicked?
3. Note the approach to decision making for each type of problem that you have identified. In particular discuss whether the approaches are qualitative or quantitative in nature. Are the approaches appropriate for the type of problem?
4. Finally, evaluate the decision-making process/es used against each of the steps in Williams (2002) rational problem-solving approach. How effectively do the processes used follow each step? What are the consequences where they are not followed? What gets in the way of the process being followed?
5. Do you have any recommendations for decision makers at various levels in your organisation based on your understanding of theory frameworks?
A report addressing the two types of meetings, operational and strategic, then responding to
the question for each area.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
We can help
Our aim is to help you get A+ grades on your Coursework.
We handle assignments in a multiplicity of subject areas including Admission Essays, General Essays, Case Studies, Coursework, Dissertations, Editing, Research Papers, and Research proposalsHeader Button Label: Get Started NowGet Started Header Button Label: View writing samplesView writing samples